Sunday, April 1, 2007

Tasti-D and the Art of Blogging

Hi, my name is Carly and I had Tasti-Delight. Twice. This week. For one of the many short-skirted, high-heeled girls that stomp their way around my college campus this would be a non event. However, I have been as adamant about Tasti-Delight tasting like dirty water as I was about meat during my year long stint as a vegetarian...well, actually, a pseudo vegetarian--I ate chicken and fish. So, really, not a vegetarian at all. Which brings me to my downfall. I have the excuse of a hot day in New York in mid march, but other than that I am baffled as to why this frozen chemical mystery sounded appealing. I walked the stairs to the shop, stood in line, placed my order, and waited. Tasti-Delight banana pudding tasted like part banana Runt candy part creamy water. Now, I know that water is not exactly a flavor, but Tasti-Delight seems to think it is.

You may be wondering what exactly this has to do with the momentous occasion of my first blog, however, it not only relates, but it is actually the inspiration. After a shameful ten minutes of eating my unsatisfying semi-treat, I realized, if I was going to be a hypocrite about one thing, I may as well tackle all of my hypocrisies. I was a blog hater. A blog mis-understander. One who makes fun of blogs. No longer. I love food and I want the world to witness my descent in to utter culinary obsession. So, thank you, Tasti-Delight--this blog is dedicated to you.

No comments: