Tuesday, April 3, 2007

UPDATE!

I, Carly, will officially be going to PER SE in twenty days from today. Thomas Keller, of French Laundry--one of the top restaurants in the world--will be in the kitchen personally slaving over a meal just for me.

Restaurants. They are my mecca. I study food network religiously for tips and tricks, hoping one of the familiar faces will suddenly segue into a "How to cook if you have a kitchen the size of a port-a-potty and no actual cooking skills," but, alas, I am faced with nothing but chronic mouth watering at things I could never make. Yet, restaurants are the silver lining to this fluffy mashed potato cloud--I may not be able to make Mario Batali or Thomas Keller creations, but I can most certainly eat them. And I do. Babbo when my parents are in town, Craft with my grandma, Nobu as a anniversary present from my boyfriend (one of his proudest moments), and now, the crown jewel: Per Se. Countdown starts now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i love your writing i get a chuckle everytime i read it. even if i am the only one who ever reads these please keep it up

Anonymous said...

Grant says: Did he just say "chuckle"? OK . . . Coming to NY soon, I need a recommendation for a big date! Help!

Anonymous said...

yeah, he just said chuckle. and he's not the only one who read these. when i come to see you in nyc, we will make some sort of edible mixture in the kitchen. than we will fly to japan and eat dinner with our friends morimoto and ken :]